Where have I been.......

The last 2 weeks have been such a whirlwind.   We've all been healthy (knock on wood) but we've been super busy too.   I've been shooting at least 2 sessions every weekend and the Mr. has been smack dab in the middle of his busy season.  So many things are going on right now....here is the low down:

Photography--Saying I've been busy would be an understatement.  I've been SWAMPED and it doesn't seem to be slowing down.   I finally got my blog almost completely updated (still a few things to work on) Check out what I've been shooting on the Studio K Photography Blog  I'm super happy with how busy I've been, its awesome meeting new clients but I'm also super excited about the summer slow season.  I'm planning to update my website and also do a little "rebranding" this summer.  It's time to make a few changes---can't wait!!!!!!

The girls--My Sweet Bliss and Miss Whimsy have been super busy too.   Of course up to no good at times--

Ryane is apparently a full on "biter" at school.   Who knew she was gonna be the mean kid!!! What do you do when your kid bites???  I'm at a loss.

 Rheagan is a spanish speaking fool!!!!  Let me explain.   She is in the Dual Language program at her school.   She spends half of her days in a full English speaking classroom and half of her days with a teacher who only speaks to her in Spanish.  I know, crazy right????  We went back a forth a little on whether or not to go with dual language, even thinking at one point I made the wrong decision.  But now--you should hear her go.   Yesterday she told me that I needed to take a Spanish class so that I could understand what she was telling me.  She said "Mom, I'm getting really good".   Definitely the right choice.  This girl will knock out learning Spanish in elementary school and then can take another foreign language in high school.  Just think how valuable that could be in the business world for a smart girl that can speak 3 languages!!!!!

Home--Our house is in desperate need of a little facelift.  It seems like after living here for 8 years, everything has started breaking.   We are planning some pretty big projects for the summer but I also just recently finished making my list of summer craft/home improvement projects.  I'm actually planning to get a jump start on a few of them over spring break---looking at doing a kitchen pantry and laundry room makeover.  Here is where I got my inspiration from.

Love her blog...The House of Smiths    Check it out.

Here is one project I started this week....a space for organzing all of our everyday "stuff"--Ya know the stuff that clutters your counters....the stuff you need everyday but need a place for it to go......Yeah, that stuff.   It's a work in progress.  I'm not loving it just yet, but it is getting there.   Got my inspiration from pinterest.

I'll post pictures of mine tomorrow...it's almost done.

My March Project---Picture a Day....different from my last picture project.  This one is much more structured.  Thinking it will be fun to figure out different ways to interpret the theme for each day.   Plus, no need to break out the camera---all I need is my iphone and instagram.   Got the idea from here---love this blog.   Come on, play along---it will be fun.

My first pic......

And last but not least.....a few photos from Go Texans Day.





And the first signs of Spring.....we are excited!


Comments

  1. so my sweet little nephew was a BAD biter when he was Ryane's age. My sister in law had to go to school with him and she had to be the one to discipline him (took him outside and spanked him) to get him to stop and it got a lot better but didn't totally go away. Eventually, she changed schools for him that year and when he went to a new school he bit one time and the kid bit him back (ha!) and he never did it again. I know that sounds crazy but my mom did it with my brother too. He bit her so she bit him back and he never did it again...although I probably wouldn't bite my own child as a solution...hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My sweet 6 year old Rheagan!!!!

This is OUR Life....

What Summer Looks Like.....