This is OUR Life....

In January last year I started a photo project called For the Love.....30 days of photos, 1 photo each day, all black and white.     I love all of the images I got and promised myself I would do them every January, every year.   I actually had an album made from last year's images.   I LOVE IT....  This January, I started out on my FTL project but only got about 4 days in before I decided it wasn't going to work....We had so much rain in January and in February that I had a really hard time getting images.   Plus, with daylight savings time and cloudy skies in the afternoon I had no chance of getting any good light for pictures once I got home from work.    So this year I am changing up my FTL project a little.   I am going to wait and start this project in June---when I am home and can really spend some time on it.  I think I will also mix in some color images.....haven't decided yet....guess we will see in June.

Soooo, instead I have joined a photo project started by Annie of Paint the Moon.   She is awesome.  Her work is beautiful, her actions are wonderful and her photo projects are lots of fun.  The project I have joined is called "This is Our Life".   I capture one picture each week based on a weekly theme.  I can interpret the theme anyway it relates to my family.     Hey....you should join in....you don't have to be a photographer.  

I take tons of pictures of my girls, so it wasn't that I needed to get myself behind the camera more often.    What I love about this photo project is that it challenges me to see things from a new perspective, it challenges me to really capture my family.....just being my family.   I love lifestyle photography and I think this project is making me a better lifestyle photographer.  

So with out further delay...here are my images so far.    We are now on week 12.....I'm always a little behind in posting things.   I love all of them, it is so hard to choose just one each week.  I'm planning to make another album with these....eeekkkk....can't wait.

Week one.....nighttime routines
I actually started on week 2, so no image yet (I'll add it later)


Week two...this makes me laugh
Ryane decided to help me put up her laundry and dress herself--look at that outfit ( I couldn't pick just one image :)


Week 3--This makes me wish I could freeze time
Back in January my family from New York came to visit.  Ryane and Cooper were instant friends.  They are almost the same age and had so much fun together.  We don't get to see them much and  I hate that the next time they visit they probably won't remember each other.  

Week 4--A different perspective
Rheagan has taken an interest in photography.....a girl after her mama's heart.  She loves to see the photos I take, and really loves to use my "big girl camera".   We had a little fun with this one.

Week 5....Finding the Light
On our last visit to Alto, I found Rheagan and My niece sitting in the grass watching the sunset over the neighbors hill.  So sweet...

Week 6.....Good Morning
Nearly every Saturday morning, you can find the Schneider girls snuggled in my bed watching their shows...(2 images, I love them both)


Week 7...Negative Space, it's a positive
This week we were supposed to shoot an image with a lot "negative" or empty space in the photo.  While at the Ranch,  I got this one.  Ryane was so interested in planting this year, much more than last. Uncle David is always so patient, they had a lot of "taters" to plant but she hung in there and finished the whole row.   

Week 8....Wild Card
And this is my wild child for sure.....I am so glad I could post any image I wanted this week because I LOVE this one.   So Hilarious!!!!

Week 9....Out of Shadows

Week 10....Changes
We have had such weird changes in the weather lately.   One day it is hot, the next it is so cold.  Rheagan is soooooo ready for summer to start.  Over spring break we had 80+ temperatures here and she wanted to swim so bad.   This mean old mama said no, so she tried this.  Yup, you guessed it, there is water in those buckets.  Guess it wasn't as wonderful as she had hoped....

Week 11...Play
Rheagan loves to draw, this is so typical of what I find on my back patio after any given warm sunny day.   

Week 12....Emotion
It's not always glitter and rainbows at the Schneider house.   Well if this isn't the saddest face you have ever seen......Cracks me up.  Wanna know why she was so pouty??? because I wouldn't let her wear my lipstick.....poor baby!



Sorry such a long post....I had so much to share....












Comments

  1. Thanks...we still have a few things to do to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of these! What a cool project! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Kristal! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My sweet 6 year old Rheagan!!!!

What Summer Looks Like.....