My Crazy Life...Day 7

It was so warm today!!!!  I mangaged to sleep in just a little this morning and then we got up and cleaned house.  This place has been a wreak since Christmas.  Finally got the living room Christmas decorations down.....I know, I know, I was a little late with the take down this year.  I really hate taking the Christmas stuff down--our house is so pretty at Christmas and once it is all down it looks so plain and then I get the urge to redecorate, and we need to paint, and I want new curtains...........maybe I should leave the tree up all year!!   I probably should add that I put up 7 Christmas trees--yes 7, one in every room.  In addition to the trees I decorate the mantel, the stair railing, and change out all the pictures in my livingroom to pictures from past Christmas years.  I go a little overboard but one thing I remember about growing up was that every year at Christmas my mom would transform our house by putting up Christmas decorations everywhere--even in the bathroom.  It just made everything about Christmas so magical at our house.  I loved helping--we would put on Christmas music and get to work.  I can't wait until my girls are big enough to help me too.   Anyway, here are a few pictures of our Christmas-y house--I didn't include pics of the upstairs tree or the trees in the office (forgot to take pics of them--oops).

This is the living room tree--silver, red and white.  We put all of our special ornaments on this tree--our first christmas, baby's first christmas, things made by the girls, travel ornaments, etc.  I try to keep it mostly red.  

I changed up the mantel this year, Rheagan helped me paint the letters and I put up a wreath instead of leaving the mirror. 


This is Ryane's bedroom tree--purple and green with little froggy ornaments. 


Can you guess who this tree belongs to???  Pink tree, pink lights, pink ornaments--her favorite is her new Justin Beiber ornament.  It's right in the front. 


The newest tree--our bedroom.  It's my favorite so far.  It's a tall skinny tree and I swear it looks real!!!  Gold, brown and deep red ornaments.  A little country and rustic--Love it!!! It's still up by the way. 


The playroom tree--this was Rheagan's first tree.   We saw the pink one in the store last year and she begged for us to get it to match her new pink room so we moved this one to the playroom and it works in that space perfectly.  


This is the outside of the house--plain and simple.  This is the first year that we put lights on the house.   The first night we put them up  it was freezing, we bundled the girls up and took them outside to see the lights.  They love it.  We are hoping to add to it each year.  


And Now....Day 7 My crazy life.  Today the girls and I went outside for a little playtime.  I was doing a little cleaning  and Rheagan and Ryane got a hold of the hose.  It was so warm out so I let it go for a bit--my only rule--don't get your heads wet.   You see how well that rule went over.  Oh well, love the image I got so I guess I'll let it slide.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My sweet 6 year old Rheagan!!!!

This is OUR Life....

What Summer Looks Like.....