More, More, More---My Crazy Life...Day 9

 OK, so a little back story on today's picture.  You see, Miss Whimsy, my big girl,  was a really early talker--full understandable sentences by age 1 1/2 to 2.  People couldn't believe how clearly she could speak as a toddler.  But Ryane at 17 months wasn't saying anything more than hi.  No mommy, daddy, anything...needless to say I was stressing a little.  I'm a worry wort so you know I was assuming that we were going to need to go to speech therepy and who knows what else.  Anyway,  a couple of months ago during a visit with Aunt Nati, (the hubby's sister) my little bliss, Ryane  learned how to say "more" using sign language.  Now, I've seen a few people do this with their kids but I never really thought about doing it with my own.   I just assumed it would be something we would have to work on over and over and I really just wanted to focus on enhancing her verbal language.  For my sake, I needed her to speak!!!!!! But, it was crazy--she picked it up so fast and still uses this sign anytime she wants "more".  It is so neat, I just wish we would have started early and taught her other words.  Without speaking she can communicate and I know that makes her so much less frustrated.  Not to mention--it's really cute!!!  Now, at 19 months her verbal language is through the roof.  She tries to say everything.  Her best words are Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Juice, Done, More, Nammy, Pawpaw, Bubba, Nano, Papa, Paci and BiBi (blanket), Please and Thank You.   She will repeat anything you ask her to try.   YEAH!!!!  I was snapping pictures of her with her breakfast Sunday morning(not really day 9 but I love this picture too much not to include it--it's grainy and the light was bad but who cares!!)  I got so many cute ones and then all of a sudden she does this---Here is a picture of her asking me for more cereal,  really she just wanted more marshmellows--she eats them first when she eats lucky charms.   I never want to forget this about her.   Hope I never will!!!!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My sweet 6 year old Rheagan!!!!

This is OUR Life....

What Summer Looks Like.....